'Bee mine' - card

#love #hexagons #miss betty

Hello papercrafters, Valentine's day is in a few days, so here's adorable card you can make to ask someone to 'bee mine?' You can use any papers you like, but for me, the 'Miss Betty' collection from Kaisercraft was perfect for this card.


I used a 6 x 4.25 inch white notecard for the base of the card. I cut a piece of white cardstock using a stitched rectangle die (largest size). To cut the hexagons, from the stitched border piece of cardstock, I used a hexagon die (smallest size) and cut them one at a time to make the arrangement shown below (don't throw out the white cutout hexagons, you can use them for another project!)

Hexagon cut-out cardstock (top left); Patterned hexagons adhered to notecard base (top right);
Patterned hexagons with hearts (bottom left); Hexagon cut-out cardstock adhered on top of notecard base (bottom right)

I used the hexagon cutout piece as a stencil to place hexagons of patterned cardstock on the white notecard base. Once I had adhered the hexagons to the base of the card, I added some die-cut hearts  (these hearts were leftovers pieces from a different project, I used a heart card front die) to two of the patterned hexagons. Once the hearts were adhered I used some foam tape to adhere the hexagon cut-out piece of cardstock to the base of the card, making sure that the cut-out regions aligned with the patterned paper hexagons.

Close-up of honey bee

The bees on the card give the card it's finishing touch, but it is also the trickiest part! I used two yellow enamel dots (two different sizes) and drew black stripes on them using a permanent marker. Then using some leftover white cardstock pieces, I cut out some small wings. To adhere them to the bee I used some super glue. After adhering the head and body of the bees to the front of the card I drew on its antenna and sting.

To finish the card I drew a dashed line for the bee's flight path, printed the sentiment 'bee mine' onto to some white cardstock and adhered it to the card along with another small heart.

Materials used: 12 x 12 inch patterned paper (KC) | 12 x 12 inch cardstock (KC) - white | Decorative dies (KC)  - hexagon, stitched rectangle, heart card front - C6 | Foam tape | Enamel dots


This project was inspired by Kaisercraft's February blog challenge where the challenge was to use hexagons, hence why the card has a minimalistic look with the hexagons as the main focus of this card. I hope this card inspires you to create!

Happy crafting!
Shanika :)







Comments

  1. Beautiful Hexagon cut work card. Love the touch of whimsy with the honey bee too!
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you like the honey bees! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'Anniversary flowers' - card

'To know you is to love you' - card