'Summer travels' - double layout

#havana nights #summer #challenge

Hey everyone! So January is almost over... imagine how fast the rest of the year will go by?! Well, I intend to document the best moments of the year, which means more scrapbooking practice for me! So I thought this month's 'double layout' challenge by Kaisercraft was the best way to get started.


I used the papers and collectables from Kaisercraft's 'Havana nights' collection. I tend to use darker, more neutral colour schemes for my projects, so I thought that using this collection would challenge me to use brighter colours. For the base of the layout, I used two sheets of white cardstock. Using the tiled pattern paper I cut out five segments, and then I adhered these segments to the two pieces of white cardstock as shown below.



I used foam tape to adhere all of the photos to add dimension. I cut out some vellum squares using a stitched square die and adhered them behind the largest photo. I also cut from vellum flowers using a flower die and adhered them using hot glue. Once the photos and flowers were adhered I embellished the layout using collectables and pearls. I also used a sentiment from a 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper (ferns).


Materials used: Cardstock (KC) - {coconut} | Havana nights collection (KC) - 12 x 12 patterned paper {ceramic}{ferns},  collectables | Decorative dies - stitched square (KC) | Decorative die/stamp set - thank you (KC) | Foam tape |  Pearls - white (KC) | Hot glue | Glue tape | Vellum
KC - Kaisercraft

I definitely need to work on working with brighter colours, practice makes perfect right?! I hope this layout inspires you to create!

Happy crafting!
Shanika :)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Explosion box (4 inch cube) - tutorial

'Anniversary flowers' - card

'To know you is to love you' - card